Visiting Marathon in April
April Florida Keys Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
April in Marathon, Florida
In 2014, Easter takes place in late April so families can enjoy warm weather and sink into serenity during an Florida Keys Family Vacation at Tranquility Bay Resort. Families can also discover a spring break vacation with plenty to do while the kids are out of school. Due to our minimum guest age of 25, Tranquility Bay Resort is not a popular spring break destination for college students. Families can therefore rest easy knowing that they won't be exposed to a party atmosphere. Families can discover our spacious two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses, while couples love a romantic retreat in our more intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms.
Call 855-783-7593 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today.
Marathon, Florida Weather in April
April is a majestic month to visit Marathon, Florida. With an average high temperature of 82° F, guests take advantage of our private beach, tropical swimming pools and onsite watersport activities. February, March and April have the lowest average rainfall of the year so expect sunny skies, warm temperatures and an occasional cool breeze. The sun sets at 7:45 p.m. this time of year so enjoy nice, long days full of tranquility.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|82° F (28° C)||72° F (22° C)||79° F (26° C)||1.8 inches (4.6cm)||7:45 p.m.|
What to Wear in April
The clothing style at our Florida Keys family resort throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but keep in mind that evenings can still be occasionally cool in April so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. April can see higher temperatures than advertised so also bring light, cool clothing. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe or after sun cream, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays.
Major April Events and Holidays
In April, enjoy a long weekend for Easter, a family spring break escape and more!
April Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates in 2015
- April 5, 2015: Easter Sunday
- Early to Mid-April: Family Spring Break Holidays
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in April
- April 18, 2015: Annual Seven Mile Bridge Run
- April 15-19, 2015: World Sailfish Championship
- April TBC, 2015: Annual Captain Leon Shell Memorial Sailfish Tournament
- April 17-26, 2015: Conch Independence Celebration
- April 24-26, 2015: Conch Republic (The Musical)
Book Now: April Packages and Offers
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- Weekday Retreat: Enjoy tropical weekday savings when staying Sundays through Thursdays!
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.