August is Amazing for Florida Keys Vacations
Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
August in Marathon, Florida
August offers amazing options for things to do in Marathon, Florida making it the perfect time for family-friendly Florida Keys vacations or a romantic summer retreat! Families love our tropical swimming pools, friendly staff, and spacious accommodations. Our spacious two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses provide an excellent option for families or friends traveling together while couples appreciate a romantic retreat in our intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms. Families tend to visit the first half of the month, while couples and seniors descend on the island during the second half of August, when the island quiets down after summer holidays.
Marathon, Florida Weather in August
In August, the average high temperature is 89° F (32° C). Fortunately, our islands are surrounded by cooling ocean waters allowing a balmy breeze to cool the resort. The water temperature may be in the mid-80s (30° C), but swimming, snorkeling or diving still provides lasting refreshment from the summer sun. The summer often brings afternoon thunderstorms, but the rain often passes quickly.
You may be considering the Atlantic hurricane season as you plan your trip. The official hurricane season begins June 1st and ends on November 30th. It can affect the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States as well as the Caribbean and the Bahamas. Traditionally, the highest potential for storms occurs between August 15 and October 15. To protect our guests, Tranquility Bay Resort offers a hurricane clause for your Marathon, Florida vacation during this period so please inquire within our call center. You can also rest easy knowing that no named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013 or 2014.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|89° F (32° C)||79° F (26° C)||87° F (31° C)||5 inches (12.7cm)||8:11p.m.|
What to Wear in August
Tranquility Bay Resort follows a "Keys Casual" dress code throughout the year and most restaurants encourage casual attire. August sees high temperatures so be sure to pack light, comfortable, cool clothing. Bring your summer wardrobe, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt as well as light layers. Don't forget to protect against the sun with sunglasses, aloe, sun screen and a hat.
Major August Events and Holidays
In August, enjoy a long weekend for Labor Day, a family summer vacation, or dive into lobster season!
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in August 2016
- August 2016 TBD: Lobster Season begins (through March 31st)
- August 11-14, 2016: Key West Lobsterfest
- View all August 2016 events
Book Now: August Offers and Packages
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.
- AAA Member Discounts: Visiting the Florida Keys has never been easier! Enjoy our exclusive AAA discount and escape to paradise for less.