- SALE: Up to $250 for Dining
Enjoy a $50/nt dining credit, select dates. Call 877-741-7839. Learn More
Visiting Marathon in December
December Florida Keys Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
December in the Florida Keys
December ushers in the festive season when the Florida Keys are buzzing with great, festive activities (with a tropical twist). The first half of the month is very quiet on the island and the perfect time to catch a deal. Marathon then starts to get busier the second half of the month as the world goes in search of sand and sunshine for the Christmas and New Year season. The periods between Christmas and New Year are very busy in the Florida Keys so it's important to book in advance.
The Florida Keys offers an array of festive fun during the holiday season. From holiday events, lighted boat parades, and more… the Florida Keys are just the place to enjoy the festive spirit. Tranquility Bay Resort will also get you in a jolly mood with our lighted Christmas tree and exterior festive light decorations.
Call 855-783-7593 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today.
Marathon, Florida Weather in December
It's getting chilly around the world, but you can expect warm temperatures here in Marathon. In the winter months, cold fronts can bring frost to mainland Florida, but you can be sure there will be no frost here in Marathon. The all-time record low for the area is 41° F (5° C) set in 1981. During these winter months, it rarely rains so guests typically enjoy sunny skies and warm, but pleasant temperatures. It's not uncommon to see periodic temps in the low 80s in December, but the average high is 76° F. Don't miss a majestic Florida Keys sunset at around 5:38 p.m. in December.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|76° F (24° C)||67° F (21° C)||72° F (22° C)||2 inches (5.1cm)||5:38 p.m.|
What to Wear in December
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, and shorts, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. It is still wise to bring sun screen on your trip and a hat for sunny beach days. Although it can get cold in December, you can also be surprised with temperatures in the low 80s. Nights can be chilly in December but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major December Events and Holidays
In December, escape winter's bite and enjoy our Florida Keys' exciting holiday events.
United States Federal Holidays in December 2015
- December 25: Christmas Day
Top December Events in Marathon and Nearby
- Throughout December: Key West Holiday Fest
- December 5, 2015: TRIKW Swim-Bike-Run in Paradise
- December 31, 2015: Key West New Year's Eve Show Drop Celebration
Book Now: December Packages and Offers
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.
- AAA Member Discounts: Visiting the Florida Keys has never been easier! Enjoy our exclusive AAA discount and escape to paradise for less.
- AARP Member Discounts: Seniors can take advantage of extra savings at Tranquility Bay. AARP members can enjoy additional savings off of our best available rates!