Visiting Marathon in February
February Florida Keys Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
February in Marathon, Florida
Whether or not Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow this Groundhog Day, you can count on February sunshine and mostly warm temperatures in Marathon, Florida with an average high temperature of 75° F! February also welcomes a great long holiday weekend for President's Day and Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day falls on a Friday with President's Day the following Monday, so it's a great time to rekindle romance at our romantic resort and the magnificent Butterfly Cafe, the number one restaurant in Marathon (according to TripAdvisor). Families or friends traveling together can discover our spacious two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses, while couples love a romantic retreat in our more intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms.
Call 855-783-7593 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today
Marathon, Florida Weather in February
In the winter months, cold fronts can bring frost to mainland Florida, but you can be sure there will be no frost here in Marathon this February. The all-time record low for the area is 41° F (5° C) set in 1981. During these winter months, it rarely rains so guests typically enjoy sunny skies and warm, but pleasant temperatures. It's not uncommon to see periodic temps in the low 80s in February. Don't miss the majestic Florida Keys sunset at 6:16 p.m. during this time of year.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|75° F (24° C)||66° F (19° C)||70° F (21° C)||1.8 inches (4.6cm)||6:16 p.m.|
Marathon - What to Wear in February
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, and shorts, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. It is still wise to bring sun screen on your trip and a hat for sunny beach days. Although it can get cold in February, you can also be surprised with temperatures in the low 80s, so plan accordingly. Nights can be chilly in February but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major February Events and Holidays
In February, enjoy a long weekend for Presidents' Day and Valentine's Day or just escape the cold with excellent Marathon events.
Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates in February 2015
- Saturday, February 14: Valentine's Day
- Monday, February 16: Presidents' Day
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in February
- February 6-7, 2015: Ragnar Relay Florida Keys
- February 7-8, 2015: Annual Pigeon Key Art Festival
- February 21-22, 2015: Annual Old Island Days Festival
- February 21-22, 2015: Upper Keys Gigantic Nautical Flea Market
- February 16- 22, 2015: Annual Winter Star Party
Book Now: February Offers and Packages
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- Weekday Retreat: Enjoy tropical weekday savings when staying Sundays through Thursdays!