- SALE: Up to $250 for Dining
Enjoy a $50/nt dining credit, select dates. Call 877-741-7839. Learn More
Visiting Marathon in January
January Florida Keys Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
January in Marathon, Florida
January is a glorious time to visit Marathon, when you can soak up a lovely Florida Keys sunset and an island drink with warm, sunny temperatures! When much of the country is covered in snow, Marathon enjoys average high temperatures of 75° F. Families or friends traveling together can discover our spacious two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses, while couples love a romantic retreat in our more intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms. January also welcomes two Federal holidays to embrace extra time away from the office.
Call 855-783-7593 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today.
Marathon, Florida Weather in January
In the winter months, cold fronts can bring frost to mainland Florida, but you can be sure there will be no frost here in Marathon. The all-time record low for the area is 41° F (5° C) set in 1981. During these winter months, it rarely rains so guests typically enjoy sunny skies and warm, but pleasant temperatures. It's not uncommon to see periodic temperatures in the low 80s in January. Don't miss the majestic Florida Keys sunset around 5:50 p.m.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|75° F (24° C)||65° F (18° C)||69° F (21° C)||2 inches (5.1cm)||5:50 p.m.|
Marathon - What to Wear in January
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, and shorts, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. It is still wise to bring sun screen on your trip and a hat for sunny beach days. Although it can get cold in January, you can also be surprised with temperatures in the low 80s. Nights can be chilly in January but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major January Events and Holidays
In January, embrace a long weekend for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday or escape winter's grip and unwind with exciting events!
January Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates in 2016
- January 1, 2016: New Year's Day
- January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in January 2016
- January, TBC 2016: The Florida Keys Celtic Festival
- January, TBC 2016: Florida Keys Seafood Festival
- January, 18-22 2016: Quantum Race Week
- January, 27-31 2016: Key West Food and Wine Festival
Book Now: January Offers and Packages
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.