July is a Great Time to Vacation in The Keys
Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
July in Marathon, Florida
July offers great options for family summer vacations in Marathon or you can dive into Mini Lobster Season in late July. Guests can enjoy some of the freshest lobster July 30th and 31st as the Florida Keys mini lobster season kicks off and the coastal areas of Florida are flooded with lobster hunters trying to claim their share of lobster bounty. Of course the 4th of July is another obvious vacation date to choose, but you can also save more by traveling during off peak periods.
However you choose to spend your trip, our comfortable two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses are perfect for families or friends traveling together, while couples love a romantic retreat in our more intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms.
Marathon, Florida Weather in July
At the peak of summer, the average high is 89° F (32° C), but the surrounding ocean water provides cool relief from the summer heat. Despite an average water temperature in the mid-80s (30° C), the sea is rejuvenating and refreshing for swimming, snorkeling or diving. Afternoon thunderstorms are common each summer, but the storms often pass before they can spoil an entire day.
You may be considering the Atlantic hurricane season as you plan your vacation in the Keys. The hurricane season can affect the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States beginning June 1st through November 30th. Traditionally, the highest potential for storms is between August 15 and October 15. However, the daily weather during this period tends to be some of the most beautiful of the year. Tranquility Bay Resort offers a hurricane clause to protect our guests so please inquire when dialing our call center and rest assured knowing that no named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013 or 2014.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|89° F (32° C)||80° F (27° C)||87° F (31° C)||3.6 inches (9.1cm)||8:22p.m.|
What to Wear in July
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most area restaurants do not follow a dress code. July sees high temperatures so make sure to bring light, cool clothing. Be sure to bring your summer gear such as flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, as well as light layers for cool evenings and time on the water. Don't forget to defend against the UV rays with sunglasses, aloe, sun screen and a hat!
Major July Events and Holidays
In July, enjoy a long weekend for Independence Day, summer vacations, or exciting activities like Mini Lobster Season!
United States Federal Holidays in July 2016
- July 4: Independence Day
Top Marathon, FL Activities and Nearby Florida Keys Events in July
- July 4, 2016: Marathon Beach Party & Fireworks Show
- July 9-12, 2016: Del Brown Permit Tournament
- July 14-16, 2016: Mel Fisher Days Key West
- July 19-24, 2016: Hemingway Days Key West
- July 27-28, 2016: Florida Keys Mini Lobster Season
- View all July 2016 events
Book Now: July Offers and Packages
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.
- AAA Member Discounts: Visiting the Florida Keys has never been easier! Enjoy our exclusive AAA discount and escape to paradise for less.
- Heroes and Friends Discount: Tranquility Bay Resort is honored to reward those who give back so much by serving our communities through their work.