June Vacation in the Florida Keys
Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
June in Marathon, Florida
There are so many reasons to celebrate in June! School's out for summer starting in June so it's a great time to book a family vacation in the Florida Keys, before larger summer vacation crowds visit in July and August. Teachers can also celebrate the end of the school year with special educator discounts throughout the summer! Don't forget to celebrate dad with a Father's Day escape. We offer spacious accommodations for families or friends traveling together in our tropical two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses, while couples love a romantic retreat in our more intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms.
Marathon, Florida Weather in June
June 21st marks the first day of summer with an average high temperature of 88° F. At the peak of summer, the average high is 89° F (32° C). Luckily Marathon doesn't have any super-highways or urban sprawl to radiate the sun's heat and our islands are surrounded by cooling ocean waters.
Sun-wise Floridians from the mainland flock to Marathon on steamy weekends to take advantage of the cooler air. The water temperature might be in the mid-80s (30° C), but the sea is nevertheless refreshing for swimming, snorkeling or diving. Afternoon thunderstorms are common in the summer months, but the rain rarely sticks around long enough to spoil an entire day.
You may be wondering about the Atlantic hurricane season, which can affect Florida Keys tourism in the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States. The official hurricane season begins June 1st and ends on November 30th. Traditionally, the highest potential for storms is between August 15 and October 15. We offer a hurricane clause to protect our guests from storms so please inquire within our call center. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013 or 2014 and the weather tends to be mostly sunny during the day.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|88° F (31° C)||79° F (26° C)||86° F (30° C)||5.1 inches (12.9 cm)||8:15 p.m.|
Marathon - What to Wear in June
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. June sees high temperatures so make sure to bring light, cool clothing. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe or after sun cream, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays!
Major June Events and Holidays
In June, enjoy a long weekend for Father's Day or just unwind in our tropical oasis of calm and ease.
June Important Travel Dates in 2017
- June 18, 2017: Father's Day
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in June
- June TBC: FKCC Swim Around Key West
- June TBC: Super Boat International Offshore Race
- June TBC: Key West Gator Club Dolphin Derby
- June TBC: The Dolphin & Blackfin Tuna Fun Fishing Tournament
- View all June 2017 Events
Book Now: June Offers and Packages
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.
- AAA Member Discounts: Visiting the Florida Keys has never been easier! Enjoy our exclusive AAA discount and escape to paradise for less.