Visiting Marathon in March
March Florida Keys Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
March in Marathon, Florida
Spring into family fun this March with great options for family spring break escapes. Due to our minimum guest booking age of 25, Tranquility Bay is not a popular destination for college spring breaks, so families can rest easy knowing that Marathon is a great destination for family spring break vacations with the little ones. Families can discover our spacious two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses, while couples love a romantic retreat in our more intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms.
Call 855-783-7593 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today.
Marathon, Florida Weather in March
Although the average high temperature in March is 79° F in Marathon, the island can sometimes be surprised with a late seasonal cold front. But with an average low temperature of 69° F in March, chances are you will be sitting on a warm, sunny beach soaking up the glorious Florida Keys sunshine. Rain during this period is scarce, with the lowest rainfall averages of the year. March is largely a gorgeous month to visit Marathon but also hugely desirable among visitors.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|79° F (26° C)||69° F (21° C)||75° F (24° C)||1.7 inches (4.3cm)||6:31 p.m.|
Marathon - What to Wear in March
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but keep in mind that a late seasonal cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, in case you experience a chilly evening. Nights can be cooler in March but be prepared for glorious sun shining days! Don't forget the sun screen and a hat for sunny beach days.
Major March Events and Holidays
In March, join us in the Florida Keys for an exciting family spring break escape.
Important Travel Dates in March 2015
- Throughout March: Family Spring Break Holidays
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in March
- March 6-7, 2015: Sombrero Beach Run
- March 14-15, 2015: Original Marathon Seafood Festival
- March TBC, 2015: Keystock Music Fest
- March TBC, 2015: Woofstock Music Fair
March Marathon Packages and Offers
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- Weekday Retreat: Enjoy tropical weekday savings when staying Sundays through Thursdays!