- May - June Value Date Deals
Save more on "Value Dates" with off-peak savings on select dates. Learn More
Visiting Marathon in May
May Florida Keys Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
May in Marathon
Make way for Mother's Day and Memorial Day in May! Pamper mom with a relaxing Mother's Day Florida Keys vacation, or for Memorial Day you can dive into an exciting long weekend with amazing onsite watersports adventures. May is the perfect month to soak up the Florida sunshine before the island heats up for summer. Families or friends traveling together can discover our spacious two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses, while couples love a romantic retreat in our more intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms.
Marathon Weather in May
The island starts to warm up in May with an average high temperature of 85° F. At the peak of summer, the average high is 89° F. Even when temperatures are high, Marathon is fortunate not to have any super-highways or urban sprawl to radiate the sun's heat. Not only that, but our islands are surrounded by cooling ocean waters. By late May, the season's first thundershowers start popping up. Rarely do the storms stick around long enough to spoil an entire day.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|85° F (29° C)||76° F (24° C)||83° F (28° C)||3.5 inches (8.9cm)||7:58 p.m.|
What to Wear in May
Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. May can see high temperatures so make sure to bring light, cool clothing for daytime activities. Don't forget your sunglasses, aloe, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays. Take bottled water with you to the beach and for other daytime activities.
Major May Events and Holidays
In May, enjoy a long weekend for Memorial Day or join us for a Mother's Day escape.
May Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates in 2016
- May 8: Mother's Day (USA)
- May 30: Memorial Day
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in May
- May 1-4, 2016: Tarponian Tournament
- May 4-8, 2016: Key West Songwriters' Festival
- May 14, 2016: Battle in the Bay Dragon Boat Festival
- May 21-22, 2016: Keys 100 UltraMarathon
- May 28, 2016: Dolphin Masters
- View all May 2016 Events
Book Now: May Packages and Offers in Marathon
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.
- AAA Member Discounts: Visiting the Florida Keys has never been easier! Enjoy our exclusive AAA discount and escape to paradise for less.