- Stay 4 Nights for the Price of 3!
Valid on select dates, now through December. Call 877-741-7839. Learn More
Visiting Marathon in November
November Florida Keys Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
November in Marathon
November offers two great travel periods to usher in a long weekend or a week-long family vacation, as the weather starts to become chilly in many parts of the United States. Veteran's Day takes place the second Monday in November, while Thanksgiving is also a great time to enjoy a family escape on the island. Or, if you're looking for a budget vacation, try our off peak periods in November where you can enjoy discounted rates, mainly on weekdays.
Call 855-783-7593 to speak with our onsite vacation planners today.
Marathon Weather in November
In the fall, cold fronts can bring occasional chilly weather to Marathon but the average high temperature in November is 80° F! You will still find sun bathers at beaches and pools with mostly sunny days and diminishing chances of rain as we move into the fall months. November is a more tranquil month to visit Marathon (with the exception of Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving week) and the weather is usually glorious. The official hurricane season ends on November 30th. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013 or 2014.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|80° F (27° C)||71° F (22° C)||76° F (24° C)||2.9 inches (7.4cm)||5:47p.m.|
What to Wear in November
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a warm shirt, but keep in mind that a cold front could sweep through at any time so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your ensemble when needed. Don't forget a light jacket or blazer and jeans for a night out, along with warmer shoes for the evenings. Nights can be chilly in November but be prepared for glorious sun shining days!
Major November Events and Holidays
In November, enjoy a long weekend for Veterans' Day and Thanksgiving or catch a deal on offpeak periods.
November Federal Holidays in November 2015
- November 11: Veterans' Day
- November 26: Thanksgiving
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in November
- November 8-15, 2015: Key West World Championship Race
- November TBC, 2015: Annual Key West International Latin Arts Festival
- November 11-15, 2015: Annual Key West Film Festival
Book Now: November Packages and Offers
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.
- AAA Member Discounts: Visiting the Florida Keys has never been easier! Enjoy our exclusive AAA discount and escape to paradise for less.
- AARP Member Discounts: Seniors can take advantage of extra savings at Tranquility Bay. AARP members can enjoy additional savings off of our best available rates!