- April - June Value Date Deals
Save more on select "Value Dates" with rates as low as $199/Night Learn More
Visiting Marathon in October
October Florida Keys Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
October in Marathon, Florida
During October in Marathon, you can enjoy a tranquil Columbus Day weekend escape or a romantic fall retreat. October is also a great time to catch a deal as the island is quiet after children have gone back to school. Friends traveling together can discover our spacious two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses, while couples love a romantic retreat in our more intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms. Discover our senior offer which is also available in October.
Marathon, Florida Weather in October
October cools down a little in Florida with an average high temperature of 84° F. You will still find sun bathers at beaches and pools with mostly sunny days and diminishing chances of rain as we move into the fall months. October is a more tranquil month to visit Marathon and the weather is usually glorious. The official hurricane season ends on November 30th but active storm activity usually dies down by October 15th. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013 or 2014.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|84° F (29° C)||76° F (24° C)||82° F (28° C)||4.4 inches (11.2cm)||7:13p.m.|
What to Wear in October
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your warm weather gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but keep in mind that we can start to see an occasional cooler day in late October so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. October can still see very warm temperatures so don't forget your sunglasses, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays.
Major October Events and Holidays
In October, enjoy a long weekend for Columbus Day or try a romantic retreat in our new Tropical Garden Guestrooms.
United States Federal Holidays in October 2016
- October 10: Columbus Day
- October 31: Halloween
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in October
- October 6-9, 2016: SoMo Marathon & Half Marathon
- October 2016 TBD: Stone Crab Claw Season Begins
- October 21-22, 2016: Key West Goombay Festival
- View all October 2016 events
Book Now: October Packages and Offers
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- $250 Culinary Escape Package: We're offering $50 per night to spend in our elegant Butterfly Cafe or our waterfront TJ's Tiki Bar. Receive up to $250 total!
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.
- AAA Member Discounts: Visiting the Florida Keys has never been easier! Enjoy our exclusive AAA discount and escape to paradise for less.
- AARP Member Discounts: Seniors can take advantage of extra savings at Tranquility Bay. AARP members can enjoy additional savings off of our best available rates!