- April - June Value Date Deals
Save more on select "Value Dates" with rates as low as $199/Night Learn More
September is the Perfect Month for Florida Keys Tourism
Travel Tips, Weather, Events and Deals
September in Marathon, Florida
September is about more than Labor Day—it's a great time to catch a deal when Florida Keys tourism starts to quiet down after the busy summer vacation season. Of course Labor Day makes for a fantastic long weekend, but if you're trying to save more, you can find great deals on off peak travel periods. Seniors can also take advantage of our special offer for a vacation in the Keys, throughout the year. Discover our spacious two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses, the perfect accommodations for friends traveling together, or enjoy a romantic retreat in the Tropical Garden Guestrooms that are perfectly suited for couples.
Marathon, Florida Weather in September
As the summer heat starts to cool down across the United States, Marathon maintains an average high temperature of 88° F (31° C). The water temperature may be around the mid-80s (30° C), but the sea is still perfect for Marathon, Florida activities such as swimming, snorkeling or diving. September often brings afternoon thunder storms, but the rain rarely sticks around long enough to spoil an entire day.
You may be concerned about the Atlantic hurricane season as you plan your vacation in the Keys. Hurricanes may affect the Atlantic and Gulf coasts of the United States from June 1st through November 30th. Traditionally August 15th through October 15th presents the highest potential for storms. Tranquility Bay Resort offers a hurricane clause to protect our guests during this period so please inquire within our call center. No named hurricanes or tropical storms affected the Florida Keys in 2013 or 2014.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|88° F (31° C)||79° F (26° C)||86° F (30° C)||5.9 inches (14.9cm)||7:45p.m.|
What to Wear in September
The Florida Keys still experience summer weather throughout September. Pack your summer gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but be sure to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. Don't forget protection against the sun. We highly recommend that guests bring sunglasses, aloe or after sun cream, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays.
Major September Events and Holidays
In September, enjoy a long weekend for the Labor Day holiday, enjoy senior discounts or a romantic escape.
September Federal Holidays and Important Travel Dates in 2016
- September 5: Labor Day
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in September
- September 1-5, 2016: Key West BrewFest
- September 9-11, 2016: Robert James S.L.A.M. Celebrity Tournament
- September 15-18: Phil Peterson's Key West Poker Run
- September 24-27 2016: Marathon International Bonefish Tournament
- View all September 2016 events
Book Now: September Packages and Offers
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- $250 Culinary Escape Package: We're offering $50 per night to spend in our elegant Butterfly Cafe or our waterfront TJ's Tiki Bar. Receive up to $250 total!
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.
- AAA Member Discounts: Visiting the Florida Keys has never been easier! Enjoy our exclusive AAA discount and escape to paradise for less.
- AARP Member Discounts: Seniors can take advantage of extra savings at Tranquility Bay. AARP members can enjoy additional savings off of our best available rates!