Spring Break Family Vacations in the Florida Keys
2015 Family Spring Activities in Marathon, Florida
Tranquility Bay Resort is an excellent family spring break resort. As one of the best family resorts in the Florida Keys, we offer spacious two and three-bedroom beach houses that are ideal for families! If that's not enough, kids love bouncing from our lagoon style tropical swimming pool and our white sand beach. You won't have to go far for meals with casual dining at TJ's Tiki Bar, or try our award winning restaurant, Butterfly Cafe. If you're up to it, you can even cook a family feast in your own gourmet kitchen. Families and children especially love watching a gorgeous sunsets, teeing up on our putting green, or enjoying an array of watersports. Plan an unforgettable Florida Keys Spring Break this year at Tranquility Bay Resort.
FAMILY SPRING BREAK OFFERS:
Contact our onsite vacation planners at 866-842-2512 for rates
Rates do not include daily resort fee or applicable taxes. Offers are subject to limited availability and blackout dates. Deposit and cancellation policy depend on type of reservation booked.
Spacious Two and Three-Bedroom Beach Houses
These charming Florida Keys accommodations feature two-level living, ideal for up to four people. The beautifully proportioned first floor features a fully equipped gourmet kitchen, separate dining area for four, half bath and living room with 42-inch wall mounted plasma TV, premium cable and wireless internet. Enjoy whimsical painted furniture, locally inspired art, along with premium bed and bath linens. French doors on both levels lead to spacious porches with spectacular, and unobstructed water views of the Gulf of Mexico. Laundry facilities and bedrooms are upstairs. In short, our Florida Keys lodging options are ready and waiting for you to arrive.
View our spacious Beach Houses or try a new Tropical Garden Guestroom. Note that the Tropical Garden Guestrooms are comparable to hotel rooms and do not include the kitchen, living room and laundry facilities.
Onsite Family Activities at Tranquility Bay
Featuring glorious weather year round and endless activities such as Florida Keys fishing, Marathon is an exciting destination for family vacations. With its exceptional setting, comprehensive facilities and knowledgeable staff, Tranquility Bay is the ideal choice for those who wish to experience all the Florida Keys have to offer.
Family Attractions in Marathon, Florida
- Bahia Honda State Park: The park is celebrated for having one of the world’s top beaches and is home to many rare and unusual plants and animals.
- Crane Point: Visitors to this 64-acre protected park may tour the Museum of Natural History, Children’s Museum, Adderley Town Historic Site and Marathon Wild Bird Center, or explore the extensive nature trail system, an ideal stop on your Marathon Key vacation.
- Pigeon Key: Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Pigeon Key served as a construction and maintenance camp for the Overseas Railroad during the early 1900s. The remarkable structures that remain provide a window back in time.
- Dolphin Research Center: Fun for the entire family, the Dolphin Research Center offers nature lovers in-water encounters with marine mammals, as well as fascinating insight into their behavior.
- Turtle Hospital: Located next door to the resort, the Turtle Hospital is dedicated to the health and preservation of sea turtles. The Hospital offers guided, educational tours and a behind-the-scenes look at the rehabilitation of sick and injured turtles, something everyone in the family will appreciate on your Marathon FL vacation.
- Seven Mile Bridge: The longest bridge in the Keys is located at the southern end of Marathon and measures 35,716 ft.
- Sombrero Reef: Mile Marker 50, Oceanside. One of the most beautiful areas within the Keys’ living coral reef, Sombrero Reef is protected by the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuaries and is popular with eco-tourists who enjoy snorkeling and diving.
- Sombrero Beach: This 12.6-acre beach is one of the most popular vacation spots in Marathon. Renovated in 2003, the beach offers creative landscaping, walkways, picnic areas and a roped off swimming area.
- Coco Plum Beach: This small, natural beach is an enjoyable stop. It is a quiet, dog-friendly beach with clean-up baggies provided.