The Best On-Site Activities & Things to Do in the Florida Keys
Fishing, Diving, Snorkeling, Water Sports, and More
Featuring glorious weather year round and endless activities such as Florida Keys fishing, Marathon is an exciting destination for family vacations, romantic getaways, and adventure tourism. With its exceptional setting, comprehensive facilities and knowledgeable staff, Tranquility Bay is the ideal choice for those who wish to experience all the Florida Keys have to offer, especially for those looking to the explore the awaiting adventures in our surrounding Florida Gulf waters. View all activities here
Adventure Fishing in the Florida Keys
With its unique island location, Marathon anglers enjoy spectacular fishing in the Florida Keys 12 months a year. The Gulf of Mexico abounds with snapper and grouper while backcountry flats teem with bonefish, tarpon and permit. Oceanside is an outer reef that is a magnet for a wide variety of fish species. Some of the world's best sport fishing waits just outside the reef, where you'll find dolphin, tuna, marlin and sailfish. The Adventure Fishing Director at our resort would be pleased to help you plan the perfect Marathon fishing trip. More about Adventure Fishing
Adventure Diving & Snorkeling
Colorful tropical fish, beautiful corals, moray eels and more are waiting to be discovered beneath the Florida Keys' pristine waters. Turtle Island Adventures can recommend the best sites for snorkeling and Marathon diving, based on interests and level of ability. Sombrero Reef, Coffins Patch and Delta Shoal are popular sites that are easily reached from the resort. Certified divers also may visit Thunderbolt, Marathon's most celebrated wreck, as well as other dive sites, including The American, Adelaide Baker and East Washerwoman Shoal. More about Florida Keys Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
Spending time on the water is the best way to enjoy our island paradise. Our Adventure Concierge can help coordinate myriad activities, from kayaking, Florida Keys fishing charters and leisurely cruises to Hobie Cat or Waverunner rentals. And for the truly adventurous, ride the waves with our two day kiteboarding course! More about Adventure Watersports
Turtle Island Adventures' Keys Kids Adventure Camp
- Kids ages 5-15 years old can enjoy a variety of water fun! The morning adventure is from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm and the afternoon adventure is from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. It costs $89.00 per child plus 7.5% tax and a service charge of 20%.
- Ages 5 - 7 Years Old: Learn how to scuba dive with our "SASY" (supplied air snorkeling for youth) equipment. SASY - it's fun, it's safe, and it's easy! Let your kid(s) experience the underwater world the easy way. This specialized equipment allows kids to experience breathing from real scuba equipment, while limiting them to the surface.
- Ages 8-9 Years Old: Using fully submergible scuba equipment, let your children learn the basics of scuba diving in the pool portion of our "Dive-in-one-Day" scuba adventure. Practicing in only six feet of water, this is a safe way to master some of the basic skills required of all certified divers.
- 10 Years and Older: Follow the Keys Kids Adventure Camp "Dive-in-one-Day" pool session with two dives in North America's only living reef with the same instructor from the Keys Kids Adventure Camp for an additional charge. This fun experience even counts towards full open waters scuba certification!
- Ages 5 - 15 Years Old: This program teaches kids the safe way to snorkel. After the adventure, schedule a snorkel trip with the whole family in North America's only living reef! More about Keys Kids Adventure Camp
All Florida Keys activities are weather permitting and reservations are required at (305) 743-2421.