5 Things You Should Bring to the Florida Keys in September
September marks the beginning of the most peaceful season in the Florida Keys. With summer winding down and families getting back into their regular work and school routines, the first few weeks of fall are the perfect time for couples or groups of friends to enjoy a truly relaxing island experience.
Ready to start planning your September getaway to the Florida Keys? Below we’ve provided five things you’ll need for an unforgettable stay at Tranquility Bay.
- A good book is the perfect complement to an afternoon spent lounging by one of three swimming pools at our Marathon, FL resort. The quieter September vibes will make it even easier to escape into your favorite novel or gossip magazine (your choice).
- Your camera will come in handy when it comes to capturing gorgeous, Insta-worthy autumnal sunsets from our beachfront accommodations. Imagine: Tropical views awash in vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges, guaranteed to garner plenty of social media likes.
- Sunglasses aren’t just the perfect accessory for any and all outdoor activities on the island, they’re a necessity. Don’t forget to pack a pair (or two!) to wear during your stay.
- Your sense of adventure will be kept satisfied with an abundance of fun activities and attractions. Beyond our on-site water sports, the island features many points of interest—from the Turtle Hospital to Florida Keys Wild Bird Center—that are even easier to access once the summer crowds disperse.
- An appetite for delicious, seasonal seafood will ensure that you indulge in some of the best local cuisine. Lobster season starts in August, so make a reservation at the award-winning Butterfly Café for a taste of the freshest island flavors.
Check out our Florida Keys planning guide for more information on September in Marathon, FL, and book your stay at Tranquility Bay today.