Maximize Every Moment in Paradise this Thanksgiving Day
Most of the world may be starting to wrap up against the colder seasonal air, but here in the Florida Keys we’re losing the layers and still basking under the warm tropical sunshine. With Thanksgiving Day just around the corner, plans are in the place to welcome families and friends to celebrate the season in laid-back style. If you’re looking for an unforgettable escape that perfectly blends relaxation, adventure, and sunny celebrations, finding paradise is closer than you think. Here’s how to make the most of every minute in Marathon, FL, at Tranquility Bay Resort this fall.
Make Our Beach Your Home
As every family on vacation knows, plenty of space to relax with each other is essential! Families and groups of friends celebrating Thanksgiving Day together can indulge in our gorgeous two or three-bedroom beach houses. Just minutes away from our private white sand beach, these perfectly sized retreats feel like a home away from home, ideal for families of four or larger groups of six. Just picture yourselves waking up to views of the calm Gulf of Mexico, swaying palms and lush green pathways from your beautiful bedroom. Later in the day, retreat to your beachfront home for the finale of a perfect day, as the sun sets over the Florida Keys.
Feast on Florida Favorites
Great food features highly on everyone’s list of vacation must-haves, particularly over Thanksgiving. Book a table at our award-winning Butterfly Café and feast on fall favorites with a tropical twist. Our Thanksgiving Day 2018 menu will bring together a succulent selection of treats, including traditional favorites like Oven Roasted Turkey with White Hunter Gravy and Honey Glazed Ham with Pineapple Chutney; to tropical treats like Blackened Mahi Mahi with Cilantro Cream Sauce and Coconut Pumpkin Soup. Don’t forget the sides, including Ginger Spiced Cranberry Relish, Corn Muffins with Honey Cinnamon Butter, Fall Salad, Key West Pink Shrimp… and so much more.
Our family-friendly restaurant features a covered patio for al fresco feasting, while our indoor dining room offers an impressive space – just wait until you see the soaring ceiling! Escape the heat of your kitchen this Thanksgiving Day and leave the hard work to us. The best part is, you can dine in with us or order your feast in advance and take it back to your spacious beach house for even more family fun.
Your Thanksgiving Day, Your Way
There are many different sides to Tranquility Bay, and we invite you to find your favorite this Thanksgiving Day. Whether you choose to lounge poolside or immerse yourself oceanside in the tranquil waters, you’ll be in your element. Lounge lazily by our refreshing lagoon-style pool which is perfect for the whole family, or escape for a little quiet time to the adults-only relaxation pool.
Looking to unleash your sport-loving side? We have you covered with our putting green by Nicklaus Design and a variety of adventure fishing options nearby. Just moments from your room, step foot onto the powder-soft sand of our pristine private beach and choose from our popular range of watersports, including kayaking and parasailing. For a truly memorable escape, add a side of serenity to your stay with a tropical treatment from our in-room spa services.
Tranquility Bay is also located close to some exciting family-friendly places and attractions in Marathon to add even more fun to your Thanksgiving Day adventure. Add these to your list:
- Bahia Honda State Park: The park is celebrated for having one of the world’s top beaches and is home to many rare and unusual plants and animals.
- Aquarium Encounters: Prepare for adventure with a hands-on day at Marathon’s one of a kind interactive aquarium.
- Crane Point: Visitors to this 64-acre protected park may tour the Museum of Natural History, Children’s Museum, Adderley Town Historic Site and Marathon Wild Bird Center, or explore the extensive nature trail system, an ideal stop on your Marathon Key vacation.
- Pigeon Key: Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Pigeon Key served as a construction and maintenance camp for the Overseas Railroad during the early 1900s. The remarkable structures that remain provide a window back in time.
- Dolphin Research Center: Fun for the entire family, the Dolphin Research Center offers nature lovers in-water encounters with marine mammals, as well as fascinating insight into their behavior.
- Turtle Hospital: Located next door to the resort, the Turtle Hospital is dedicated to the health and preservation of sea turtles. The Hospital offers guided, educational tours and a behind-the-scenes look at the rehabilitation of sick and injured turtles, something everyone in the family will appreciate on your Marathon FL vacation.
- Seven Mile Bridge: The longest bridge in the Keys is located at the southern end of Marathon and measures 35,716 ft. Take a family walk across the bridge and enjoy a majestic Florida Keys sunset.
- Sombrero Reef: Mile Marker 50, Oceanside. One of the most beautiful areas within the Keys’ living coral reef, Sombrero Reef is protected by the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuaries and is popular with eco-tourists who enjoy snorkeling and diving.
- Sombrero Beach: This 12.6-acre beach is one of the most popular vacation spots in Marathon. Renovated in 2003, the beach offers creative landscaping, walkways, picnic areas and a roped off swimming area.
- Coco Plum Beach: This small, natural beach is an enjoyable stop. It is a quiet, dog-friendly beach with clean-up baggies provided.
For more inspiration on planning the perfect Thanksgiving Day vacation in Marathon, FL, take a look at our top tips for traveling to the Florida Keys in November, then take advantage of our latest special offers. Speak with an onsite vacation planner by contacting (855) 606-4502 or book online now.