Visiting Marathon in October
October in Marathon, Florida
The beginning of fall signals a quieter time in the Keys. With the kids back in school, October in Marathon, Florida is the perfect month for a romantic escape. And with cooler weather and fewer rainstorms, you’ll find the Keys to be at its most refreshing at this time of the year. Friends traveling together can discover our spacious two and three-bedroom Florida Keys beach houses, while couples love a romantic retreat in our more intimate Tropical Garden Guestrooms.
Read below for travel tips and information on travelling to Marathon, FL in October.
Marathon, Florida Weather in October
A break from Florida’s sweltering summers, Marathon sees average temperatures in the 70s and 80s. Pack your flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but consider carrying some light layers that you can add to your wardrobe if the temperature dips.
Average High Air Temp
Average Low Air Temp
Average Water Temp
Average Sunset Time
|84° F (29° C)||76° F (24° C)||82° F (28° C)||4.4 inches (11.2cm)||7:13p.m.|
What to Wear in October
Our clothing style throughout the year is "Keys Casual" and most restaurants do not require a dress code. Pack your warm weather gear, including flip flops, a swim suit, shorts and a light shirt, but keep in mind that we can start to see an occasional cooler day in late October so it's always wise to bring light layers that you can add to your wardrobe when needed. If you go boating for example, bring a light jacket. October can still see very warm temperatures so don't forget your sunglasses, sun screen and a hat to protect you against UV rays.
Events and Holidays
Marathon still seems a number of events and activities during the quiet season. Find our favorites below.
United States Federal Holidays in October 2017
- October 9: Columbus Day
- October 31: Halloween
Top Marathon and Nearby Florida Keys Events in October
- Stay 5 Nights and Save More: Let us reward you for staying just a little longer in paradise! Enjoy special rates for staying at least five nights at our beachfront resort.
- Book in Advance and Save: The earlier you book, the more you save at Tranquility Bay with our advance purchase offer. Book up to seven days in advance and save.
- $250 Culinary Escape Package: We're offering $50 per night to spend in our elegant Butterfly Cafe or our waterfront TJ's Tiki Bar. Receive up to $250 total!
- Florida Resident Savings: Florida residents can save more with great rates for in-state visitors at Tranquility Bay Resort.
- AAA Member Discounts: Visiting the Florida Keys has never been easier! Enjoy our exclusive AAA discount and escape to paradise for less.
- AARP Member Discounts: Seniors can take advantage of extra savings at Tranquility Bay. AARP members can enjoy additional savings off of our best available rates!